State Team Trials (13&U, 15&U, 17&U, 19&U)
WPV are excited to announce the proposed trial dates and training program for all State Programs for the 2023 season.
The first trials will commence in early May (13&U, 15&U, and 17&U)
A proposed training schedule can be found via this PDF (please note this may change with consultation between selected coaches, WPV High Performance Manager, and WPV CEO).
The Tournament dates are (if travelling we will arrive the day before the tournament start date);
* 13&U (Born 2010, 2011) Boys and Girls Development Tournament: 06/07/2023 - 09/07/2023 - Hobart
* 15&U (Born 2008, 2009) & 17&U (Born 2006, 2007) Girls Tournament: 24/09/2023 - 29/09/2023 - Canberra
* 15&U (Born 2008, 2009) & 17&U (Born 2006, 2007) Boys Tournament: 24/09/2023 - 29/09/2023 - Sydney
* 19&U (Born 2004, 2005, 2006) Girls Tournament: 08/12/2023 - 13/12/2023 - Host Venue TBC
* 19&U (Born 2004, 2005, 2006) Boys Tournament: 08/12/2023 - 13/12/2023 - Perth
Fees in regards to training will be released closer to the date of the trials. Tournament and travel fees (flights, accommodation, transport, and food) will be released prior to final squad selection. Please note flights are booked by Water Polo Australia in accordance with the equalisation policy https://cdn.revolutionise.com.au/cups/wpal/files/wcryopnw7qxi3irl.pdf
Please note if you are selected in the squad for the State Team (15&U, 17&U, and 19&U only) you will also be enrolled in the WPV Academy as part of your State Team training. We want to ensure that all individuals are aware of this expectation before nominating for the State Trials. This means coaches will be able to work with athletes 3 times a week in the leadup to the Nationals.
Please complete this expression of interest to confirm you want to be a part of the trials (If you have already submitted your interest in the 13&U tournament you don't need to do it again).